August is a month full of birthdays for my family. So here is yet a birthday card.
When I started working on this card I only knew that I wanted to use my new Pure Poppy buttons, and since I really like cards with stitches I wanted that too. But 1: I don't have a sowing machine, and 2: I have always been really bad at sowing. So I ended up just "imitating" stitches - not too sure how well that turned out....
If you have a good suggestion / technique of how to make the stitches look more real / better I would love to hear that from you.
Then I tried a new technique "masking", so my area for the frame was free of background stamp. It seemed to work ok - but I don't think you can see that on the photo.
Supplies for this card are:
Cardstock: standard cream card from local supplier, PTI Pure Poppy
Stamps: PTI Text style I, PTI Everyday button bits, PTI Fillable Frames #1
Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Sand, PTI New Leaf, VersaFine Satin Red, VersaColor Bark
Tools: Martha Stewart Doily Punch