lørdag den 15. januar 2011

2 challenges in 1

Today I am sharing a card which "qualifies" for 2 challenges: Skipping Stones Design Sketch #SSD59 and "Out of your comfort zone" over at A Passion from Papertrey.

Using sketches is very new for me, and my mind is not very creative when it is looking back and forth from the sketch to my blank cardstock. However I am still determined to learn using these sketches!! So using a sketch definitely brings me out of my comfort zone and further I have made a card using soft colors which I never do. However maybe I should do it more, I like how the colors turned out on the card.
So first. Here is the sketch from Skipping Stones:

And here is my card:

I stamped the background using leaves from PTI Turning a New Leaf and flower from PTI Boxes, Bags & Tags. I used PTI Tea dye duo on the edges to take off the sharpness of the white cardstock. On the Sweet Blush cardstock I used Hero Arts background stamp called Antique writings - and again used tea dye duo on the edges. For the focal images I used white cardstock, stamped Hero Arts Peacock in clear Versamark, embossed it with white embossing powder and to make the peacock colorful I sponged on a ton of different Distress colors and wiped off the embossed area. Quite fun - you should try it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI white, sweet blush, spring moss
Ink: Versacolor bamboo and ash rose, Versafine onyx black, Distress Ink old paper, Wild Honey, Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord, Barn door, tumbled glass
Stamps: Background uses leaves and flower from two different PTI sets: Turning a new leaf + Boxes, Bags & Tags, and PTI sentiment from set: Fillable Frame #4
Hero Arts Antique Writings and Hero Arts Peacock
Other: White embossing powder, Perls, and small flowers

10 kommentarer:

  1. Hej Camilla, vilket fint kort, jag gillar dom milda färgerna och pärlorna på påfåglen. Väldigt fint!

    SvarSlet
  2. So, so pretty!!! Lovely colors and great flowers with the pearls!!! It's just beautiful!

    SvarSlet
  3. Very pretty. Love the background with the leaves & flowers and the peacock is beautiful. Great technique!

    SvarSlet
  4. this is gorgeous...love the bird and the pearl accents...very nice!

    SvarSlet
  5. Such a pretty card - I love your work with the inks!
    Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    SvarSlet
  6. Lovely card Camilla, Love thte colours and the vintage style, Thank yu also for the lovely comments on my card too,
    Claire xx

    SvarSlet
  7. Gorgeous, Camilla! Great job with the Skipping Stones sketch! Thanks for playing!

    SvarSlet
  8. Lovely...your card is a wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    SvarSlet
  9. Beautiful! Love the peacock! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

    SvarSlet